Bitcoin for $24,000?!

Mikehoncho

Featured Comment

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-selling-for-24-000-per-btc-in-iran-as-us-tensions-escalate

With the recent strike of Iran's top general by the U.S. tensions are high. The price of btc jumped around $300 after the announcement was made.  

Apparently though, if you live in Iran. you can sell your bitcoin for a whopping $24000! 

My question is, is WWIII breaking out worth bitcoin going to the moon?

I actually think if there is a war, Bitcoin will sky rocket. Now the likely hood of a war is about 50% from my understanding. (I study global politics so im pretty informed). I think btc will hold unless there is major escalation. Sadly, the main stream will see that and think “Woah BTC is expensive there. Must be funding terrorism”.   

My personal point of view is as follows, the fact that price of bitcoin is being affected by an international activity more than market activity becomes bitcoin pretty much as fiat money.  I would like to see bitcoin as a solid, strong asset value beyond international affairs as we have been creating the environment of a decentralized economy above any kind of international issue.  A war is never good, is only good to greedy countries.  My opinion, only that.  Good luck. 

• 4 weeks later...

It's actually very probably that arround april or may, btc to have a major going up and the price to sky rocket, don't forget that the halving is cming and it will be the most important halving of the future years or until now. Here's a counter: https://www.bitcoinblockhalf.com/

I watch a lot of time how many hours/days are left. Amazing to see this changes and be aware of them

It is true that the conflict that occurred between Iran and the USA made the price of bitcoin even stronger, and if WWIII happened, the price  of bitcoin could rise dramatically. Because everyone will try to protect the wealth owned, one of the safest by buying bitcoin.But I hope that  WWIII will never happen, because peace is better. Actually, even though WWIII did not happen, the price of bitcoin can reach $ 24,000 because  a few months from now there will be halving bitcoin.

• 1 year later...

I am sure it will remain at $25.000 for a very long period of time and will just grow after that, So 18-20k is the best price to buy. Not just criminals use bitcoins now, Many investors payed attention on it this year, And bitcoins became more oficial, so I am sure that more technologies would be used to separate terrorism and cryptocurrency. I am sure that bitcoin developers care about their image. I think they would introduce an obligatory facial recognition to make a transaction. That would prevent many dirty money transactions. You can check info about the technology here https://recfaces.com/articles/biometric-authentication-identification

Edited by Lapskata

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...